Monday, August 29, 2011

Trying to find a publisher

Okay, so I've spent almost two years of my life writing my 70000 + word manuscript, I have drafted, redrafted and edited and re-edited, and now I understand what everyone has been saying, the really hard part is not writing your book, it's getting a publisher to publish it or an agent to represent it to a publisher who may or may not publish it.

Well I haven't come this far to give up now, so I will persevere until I find someone out there who believes in my work as much as I do. Sure I can self-publish if I'm really desperate to see my novel on bookshelves but why should I have to go down that track, I believe in the traditional form of publishing where if an editor feels that a manuscript has merit he or she will say, "Hey this is pretty good, let's get it out there."

Then there's the world exposure, and I don't mean going out stark naked for the entire world to see you in all your glory, I mean getting your name out there and having followers who read your work and hang onto every word that you write. That in itself is a little difficult when you have not yet been published and so the vicious circle begins. To become a published author it is preferable that you have already been published, but how do you get to have something published when you haven't already had something published. See what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment